gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gary died  (Read 6604 times)
Hoofenstomp
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 02:14:18 PM »

Snacks, your one of the few people who truely understand me on this board, and for that I just may post some pictures of my sweet wolf and dragon t-shirts.

But your right, Turk is a pretty easy target, but I don't really feel like there is anyone else to set my sights on.

just waiting for someone to bite and say how cool they are so you can show off your collection
So you say the word man, I'll bring you some sweet pics.
Reddawn
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 02:56:11 PM »

RIP
Troyer
\m/ (>.<) \m/
WoW Member

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 05:41:26 PM »

Rifts does rule.  I can't believe there is someone else who has played that!!

Oh, i've played it...then went back to D&D...then planewalked to RIFTS inside D&D...then never spoke of it again...until now.  Damn you.

Good lord, if this is what happens to the board when a D&D creator dies, I'd hate to see what happens when the women who draws all that tribal dragon and snowy wolf t-shirts dies.

This place would just fall apart.

<observation> This is coming from a guy who got a Hoarde tattoo... </observation>

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humphrey Bogart
Snackcakes
GO BUCKS!
WoW Member

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 06:09:24 PM »

<observation> This is coming from a guy who got a Hoarde tattoo... </observation>

Hold up hold up... are you saying there is something wrong with having a horde tattoo?  If so we are gonna have to throw down buddy.

Hey hey, stop stepping on my material Troyer that line was already used by yours truly.

My faith in you shall never falter again.
Reddawn
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 06:17:16 PM »

I want this tattoo'd on my back

Garenth
WoW Member

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 06:34:34 PM »

I just read about this on the D&D homepage. Took me by surprise. The page came up all black and white with greys and announced his passing. He will be missed. Too bad he couldn't see the release of 4E.

This is my #1 favorite hobby, and I owe it all to the big Gygax.

Fun fact: Gygax's main character was his name spelled backwards.

My name backwards is mail...doesn't really strike fear and intrepidation into the masses, though..../sigh

That is until we have another unabomber on the loose!!

I didn't do it, no one saw me!  You can't prove a thing!

thrun
Metal God
WoW Member

Starting a protometal band to raise HPV awareness

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 07:48:20 PM »

Um... none the less... there is nothing wrong with having a Horde tattoo.  It is a cool looking symbol whether or not it comes from a video game.

There's nothing wrong with it in the sense that people can do whatever they want to their own bodies, but on the other hand I am not sure why you would brand yourself with what is essentially an advertisement for a corporation.  In addition this game isn't going to last forever and is bound to get considerably lame before it ends.  It's sorta like all those guys with the sweet Metallica tattoos around ‘86.   They aren't so rad now.   
Hoofenstomp
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »

There's nothing wrong with it in the sense that people can do whatever they want to their own bodies, but on the other hand I am not sure why you would brand yourself with what is essentially an advertisement for a corporation.  In addition this game isn't going to last forever and is bound to get considerably lame before it ends.  It's sorta like all those guys with the sweet Metallica tattoos around ‘86.   They aren't so rad now.   

I was thinking of writing a snappy reply to that post, then I realizied it was written by thrun, so I just ignored it, like almost anyone who knows him.
Troyer
\m/ (>.<) \m/
WoW Member

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 09:38:38 PM »

Lets all just have a group hug then go out for matching ZUNE tattoos...

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humphrey Bogart
Redbear8
WoW Member

where's the honey?

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 09:42:27 PM »

Metallica tattoos aren't rad anymore! DAMMIT!

"To open one's mouth indiscriminately brings shame, and there are many times when people will turn their backs on such a person."

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Volk
WoW Member

Me at Neuschwanstein Castle

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 06:32:52 AM »

A few webcomics have done their own memorials for Gary Gygax over the past few days. Some of the ones I read are here:

Order of the Stick

Penny Arcade

Dueling Analogs

Dork Tower

Exiern

Full Frontal Nerdity

Weregeek

Enjoy!

~Bryan

Practice Safe Lunch, Use a Condiment.
Farkas
WoW Member

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 12:19:09 PM »

volk you are a true nerd but thanks i forgot most of the names of thes comics and have benn missing them

Volk
WoW Member

Me at Neuschwanstein Castle

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2008, 03:49:55 PM »

volk you are a true nerd but thanks i forgot most of the names of thes comics and have benn missing them

Thanks, but I prefer the term "geek." These aren't all the comics I read daily, but I won't link them here for sanity sake. And actually, some of the links I got from Dueling Analogs, so I decided to add those in here as well.

~Bryan

Practice Safe Lunch, Use a Condiment.
Nightstalker
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2008, 04:14:21 PM »

guess he fail his saving throw on that heart attack

J/K R.I.P. dude
Nightstalker
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2008, 06:05:57 PM »

forum testing
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx