gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Benoit 1967-2007  (Read 1622 times)
BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« on: June 26, 2007, 05:07:06 AM »

I just found out about this a little bit ago.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=3315501&page=1

Wrestling star Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead in their suburban Atlanta home Monday. The deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide, authorities told ABC News.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check." When sheriffs arrived at the Benoits' home, they found the wrestler, his wife and their son dead.

Wrestler Chris Benoit, Family Found DeadChicago Bears Waive Tank GoodbyeSore Jaw Could Undo Icon's Hot Dog Reign
There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

According to the link it could be a while till we figure out what happened.

I used to be a pretty big wrestling fan, so when I saw this I was pretty blown away.  Not sure how many others will know who this is or not, I remember seeing him all the way back in 1998 when I first started watching on WcW.
Glacius
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 05:20:38 AM »

Yeah, I remember "The Crippler" from good old WCW too and when he first entered WWE...damn, first it was Eddie and now this. It sucks to hear about guys you watched when you were a kid just suddenly die. It's sad that this might be a case of double murder and suicide, but looking at what happened between Elizabeth and Lex Luger, I guess pro-wrestlers tend to have domestic problems.

On a lighter note...for some retarded reason Nancy's stage name was "woman" initially whenever she came out with Benoit.
Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 08:38:36 AM »

THE GLOVE DOESN'T FIT!

Bleezy
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 11:33:42 AM »

Pro Wrasslers are all screwed up.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx